Cleaning methods and precautions for Knitwear
Knitwear is a favorite clothing of the public. It has the advantages of keeping warm and versatile. It is comfortable to wear. However, due to the material of the sweater, the cleaning method of the sweater is very important. So what method should be used to clean the sweater correctly? Let me introduce the cleaning method in detail for you below:
- Before washing the sweater, pat the dust off and soak it in cold water for 10-20 minutes. After taking it out, squeeze out the water, put it in a washing powder solution or soap flake solution and gently scrub, then rinse with clean water. In order to ensure the color of the wool, 2% acetic acid (or edible vinegar) can be dropped into the water to neutralize the residual soap.
- Wash the knitted sweater with tea water (white clothes are best not to use this method), not only can clean the dust, but also make the wool not fade and extend the service life. The specific washing method is: use a pot of boiling water, put an appropriate amount of tea, wait until the tea is soaked, after the water is cool, filter out the tea, soak the sweater (thread) in the tea for 15 minutes, then gently rub it a few times before using Rinse with clean water.
3. White sweaters will gradually turn black after wearing for a long time. If the sweater is cleaned and placed in the refrigerator for 1 hour, and then taken out to dry, it will be as white as new. If the dark sweater is stained with dust, you can use a sponge soaked in water and squeeze it dry, and wipe it gently.
In addition, there are some cleaning considerations:
- Knitwear is easy to deform, so you can't pull it vigorously to prevent the clothes from getting out of shape and affecting your wearing taste.
- After washing, the knitted sweater should be dried in the shade, hung in a ventilated and dry place, and should be laid flat when drying, and placed in accordance with the original shape of the clothing to avoid deformation.
- Knitwear should avoid exposure to sunlight, which will damage its luster and elasticity and make it yellow and black.
- After wearing a knitted sweater for a long time, some parts will become shiny. For this, spray a half mixture of vinegar and water, and then wash it to restore the original shape.
- White sweaters will gradually turn black after wearing for a long time. If the sweater is cleaned and placed in the refrigerator for one hour, then take it out to dry and it will be as white as new.
- Be sure to wash by hand in cold water and try to use neutral detergent.
- When storing knitted sweaters, it is best not to use the hanging method, because this will easily cause the knitted sweaters to deform. It is better to store the knitted sweaters neatly and flat.
- For knitted sweaters with embroidery, patch embroidery or beading, it is necessary to pay more attention not to damage these parts during washing and storage. It is best to fold inside when storing, and do not directly contact with other clothing to avoid damage to the hook.
Knitwell Fashion Knitwear Co., Ltd. was founded in December 2003 Who is an ODM enterprise specialized in developing new styles and providing high quality production for our domestic and overseas high end fashion brands’ woman sweater.
we provide 300 new styles on every sales season, we welcome all our potential customers to visit our showroom in Zhuhai China, Zhuhai is a very beautiful seaside city which near to Hongkong/Macao/Guangzhou, it is very convenient to go to our factory(company) from HK/Macao/Guangzhou by high speed train or by bus, and we are confident that you can find some interesting styles or useful elements for your design’s reference..
If you are interested, please leave a message and take the initiative to contact us, we look forward to cooperating with you!